Halibut – Basil shallot butter. Finely chop basil and shallot in mini food processor. Transfer to small bowl; stir in lemon peel and season basil-shallot butter with salt. Rub fish fillets on both sides.
Halibut with basil-shallot butter from The Grilling Book: The Definitive Guide from Bon Appétit by Adam Rapoport. shallots. basil. lemons. butter. halibut fillets. Where's the full recipe – why can I only see the ingredients? Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. You can cook Halibut – Basil shallot butter using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Halibut – Basil shallot butter
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Basil, fresh leaves.
- Prepare 1 of Shallot, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter, unsalted at room temperature.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon peel, grated.
- It’s 6 of Halibut fillets, 6 -ounces each.
- It’s 1 of Olive oil.
Meanwhile, heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Place fish on plates and top with basil; spoon jalapeno-butter mixture over fish. Learn how to make Broiled Halibut with Orange- Shallot Butter Sauce. Learn how to make a light and refreshing lemon-basil halibut that's best served over rice or grilled vegetables with this simple recipe.
Halibut – Basil shallot butter instructions
- Finely chop basil and shallot in food processor. Add butter, 2 TBS at a time, and process until blended, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides. Transfer to small bowl; stir in lemon peel and season basil shallot butter with salt..
- Prepare grill/very hot sauce pan with olive oil. Grill fish until just opaque in center.
Light and refreshing, this grilled halibut has the simple, delicate flavors of lemon and basil. Find dozens of recipes for this tasty, versatile white fish. Grilled halibut is served with a delicious Asian-style sauce featuring shallots, sesame oil, soy sauce, and rice wine. Savory halibut filets are marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, basil, and garlic then grilled to perfection. Meanwhile, heat butter in large skillet over medium heat.